Today is the first day of fall, and one of the most balanced days of the year in terms of sunlight hours to nighttime hours. Which makes you think: Are you achieving balance in your life? For many caregivers, this is a question that is not explored often enough.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I feel energised at the start/end of each day?
- Do I have enough time to do all the chores I need to do as a caregiver?
- Do I have enough time to do things for me, like exercise and relax?
- Is there a balance of stress and happiness in my duties as a caregiver?
- Do I feel useful?
- Am I coping well enough on my own?
Take a moment to assess your balance as a caregiver. Take care of yourself!